Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I can almost hear the Father....

All of the family has pitched in. Miles have been driven across state lines. Mom has fed us countless meals. The Bs are now certified painters, spacklers, wall-paper strippers...you name it. Church family have given up their days off.....and we're almost there. The house is almost finished. Any day, Dad is going to declare it complete, and is going to give me the call.........

Telling me my home is ready. The work is done, and we can come home. And it will be time to leave this house behind, and go. I have everything I need when I get that call. See, he put automatic gates around the house. No one gets in without the keys. I have the keys to the house. When my Father calls, I'm ready......

But that's not the call I'm waiting for.....I'm waiting for one that will start with the sounding of a trumpet. "In my Father's house there are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also maybe where I am. You know the way to place where I am going." That's the call I'm REALLY waiting for. All this other, is temporary. It will be gone in the blink of an eye. Yes, to answer so many of your questions from the past few weeks....I'm excited. I'm looking forward to the new (old)house.....but my Joy....is in my eternal home. That is my focus each day. It's His voice my ears are listening for.

No comments:

Post a Comment